almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies



What do you put on your blog as your first post? A cookie recipe of course!
(Yes, a chocolate torte would have been nice too but quite frankly, I think I need to start small.)

Though the original recipe called for peanut butter, I had a huge container of almond butter in my fridge that was begging for usage. It gave the cookie a nice roasted almond taste. Though I love me my peanut butter, this was a nice twist in taste for a cookie.

It wasn't too sweet but I'm sure that if I packed the brown sugar, as the original recipe called for, it would have been better in that way. Also, do NOT overbake. My first batch was a wee bit dry and I looked like a pelican trying to swallow a live fish. Best to probably eat that batch alone instead alongside the company of others. Just a thought.

...

almond butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
makes about 30 cookies

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup buttermilk

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick rolled oats
1/2 tsp. each baking soda & salt

1/3 cup chocolate chips

Cream together brown sugar, margarine, almond butter & buttermilk.

Add the combined dry ingredients (flours, oats, soda & salt) until smooth.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Roll in 1.5 inch balls, flatten onto prepared cookie sheet & bake at 350C for 10 minutes.

*modified "Cookies for Rookies" recipe from Crazy Plates cookbook

Share:

3 comments